Updated articles to extract META informations from databases
Abstract: By popular request, I've updated my articles explaining how to retrieve meta data from your DBMS (Firebird SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server). Have fun.
It looks like my articles on how to extract META information from your favorite DBMS (with INFORMATION_SCHEMA or system tables) are still very popular, and I keep receiving a lot of mails on how to write similar queries to retrieve some obscure details about constraints, indices, stored procedures, etc.
For the greater good of mankind, and to reduce the flow of emails to my Inbox a bit ;-), I updated the articles and included new queries:
- Interbase/Firebird INFORMATION_SCHEMA
- Oracle INFORMATION_SCHEMA
- PostgreSQL INFORMATION_SCHEMA
- SQL Server INFORMATION_SCHEMA
- Extracting META information from Interbase/Firebird SQL (INFORMATION_SCHEMA)
- Extracting META information from Oracle (INFORMATION_SCHEMA)
- Extracting META information from PostgreSQL (INFORMATION_SCHEMA)
- Extracting META information from SQL Server (INFORMATION_SCHEMA)
- On batching vs. latency, and jobqueue models
- Updated Kafka PHP client library
- Musings on some technical papers I read this weekend: Google Dremel, NoSQL comparison, Gossip Protocols
- Historical Twitter access - A journey into optimising Hadoop jobs
- Kafka proposed as Apache incubator project
- NoSQL Databases: What, When and Why (PHPUK2011)
- PHPNW10 slides and new job!