Firebird 2 cheat sheet
Abstract: Cheat sheet for the upcoming Firebird 2. A handy reference of the FB2 datatypes, an useful query reference and a list of the PHP Firebird/Interbase functions.
Since I couldn't find a Firebird SQL cheat sheet, I wrote one, listing useful information about the upcoming Firebird 2 such as its data types, its internal and UDF functions, and the php ibase functions.
Update 08-11-2006: thanks to Carlos H. Cantu and Ivan Prenosil for their suggestions. I have updated the cheat sheet accordingly.
A detailed description of the cheat sheets follows, and you can start downloading them here:
- Firebird SQL cheat sheet (GIF, 76KB)
- Firebird SQL cheat sheet (PDF, 107KB)
- Firebird SQL cheat sheet (PNG, 134KB)
Firebird SQL Cheat Sheet - Details
The cheat sheet is organized in 5 sections. The first section contains a list of the available data types, their description and the range of values that each of them supports.
The second section contains a list of the Internal functions. The ones listed here are the Firebird 2 built-in functions; they're grouped by field of interest (aggregate, conditional, string functions).
The third section contains a list of the Default UDF functions.
Firebird bundles an UDF library with some useful functions not included in the core. These functions are listed here, grouped by field of interest (mathematical and string functions).
The forth section contains some useful queries, like the most useful queries to manage
SEQUENCEs, a sample query with a "
OFFSET" clause, and some queries against the System Tables to retrieve a list of the tables, fields, indices and constraints.
The last section holds a list of the PHP ibase_* functions .
PHP has a Firebird/Interbase module and this is used by PHP developers to connect to, and query, a Firebird database. This section lists the functions available in PHP for connecting to and managing a Firebird database.
If you wish to link to the Firebird SQL cheat sheet from elsewhere, rather than linking directly to the sheet please link to this page so others can find the description. Thank you.
- HowTo: Install Firebird/Interbase with PHP on Windows. A step-by-step tutorial.
- PostgreSQL cheat sheet
- Extracting META information from Interbase/Firebird SQL (INFORMATION_SCHEMA)
- On batching vs. latency, and jobqueue models
- Updated Kafka PHP client library
- Musings on some technical papers I read this weekend: Google Dremel, NoSQL comparison, Gossip Protocols
- Historical Twitter access - A journey into optimising Hadoop jobs
- Kafka proposed as Apache incubator project
- NoSQL Databases: What, When and Why (PHPUK2011)
- PHPNW10 slides and new job!