Profiling PHP applications with XHProf: the path to scalability
Abstract: My latest article on Profiling using XHProf, a neat tool developed at Facebook. A step-by-step tutorial to install and use XHProf, and some useful hints on how to improve performances and scalability of your PHP application.
This morning my latest article, on how to use XHProf effectively, has been published on the Ibuildings TechPortal. If you need to optimise your PHP application and improve its performance and scalability, you might find it interesting.
Read the full article here: Profiling PHP applications with XHProf.
- On batching vs. latency, and jobqueue models
- Updated Kafka PHP client library
- Musings on some technical papers I read this weekend: Google Dremel, NoSQL comparison, Gossip Protocols
- Historical Twitter access - A journey into optimising Hadoop jobs
- Kafka proposed as Apache incubator project
- NoSQL Databases: What, When and Why (PHPUK2011)
- PHPNW10 slides and new job!