Speaking at the PHP Barcelona conference 2009
Abstract: Speaking at the PHP Barcelona Conference 2009. Talk: "Trees in the Database: Advanced Data Structures".
I'm happy to announce I'll be speaking at the PHP Barcelona Conference 2009 (Barcelona, 30-31 October 2009).
I will be giving my "Trees in the database" talk, with an in-depth explanation on the various models to store a tree data structure into a relational database.
If you can make it, register for the event, it's very cheap (50 euro for a two-day ticket or 30 euro for a single-day ticket!), and the schedule looks great, with interesting talks and top-rated speakers. See you there!
- On batching vs. latency, and jobqueue models
- Updated Kafka PHP client library
- Musings on some technical papers I read this weekend: Google Dremel, NoSQL comparison, Gossip Protocols
- Historical Twitter access - A journey into optimising Hadoop jobs
- Kafka proposed as Apache incubator project
- NoSQL Databases: What, When and Why (PHPUK2011)
- PHPNW10 slides and new job!